www.foreignnurseusa.com is the official website for

 Foreign Nurse USA  Program

Average Nurse Salary Over $60,000 Per Year in the US

Go to USA within 3 months and become a registered nurse (RN) within 12 months !!! plus a Master's degree in Healthcare Management to further boost your salary. Advancing Your Nursing Career in the USA ! 

Global Exclusively from Foreign Nurse USA Program



Legal Concept

Need SSN New Policy 

Services & Cost

Clients Responsibilities

US Visa



Exclusively from www.foreignnurseusa.com


Stop Searching ...

Start Working







 General Legal Concepts for Foreign Nurse 

A foreign nurse must pass NCLEX-RNŽ Exam to become a registered  nurse RN in the US, however, passing the  NCLEX-RNŽ Exam only means that you have the required knowledge and skills to work as a foreign nurse in the US, it does NOT mean you already have the legal right to work as a foreign nurse in the US. You still need to have foreign nurse "work permit" document before being allowed to work in the US.

Based on the US immigration law, either an H1b work visa or an immigration visa (Green Cards) can be used as "work permit" for a foreign workers. However when comes to the H1B work visa, according to the USCIS regulation, foreign nurses are NOT eligible for H1B visa in general RN positions, unless the position is in a managerial position, such as, nurse supervisors,  nurse managers, assistant nurse managers, clinical supervisors and research program coordinators. All these positions are qualified for H1b visa, however, you usually need to have a master's degree in healthcare management from a US university to get such a position.

In addition, under the public pressure US president Obama is strongly against foreign nurse under his administration, "The notion that we would have to import nurses makes absolutely no sense ..." said Obama.


Consequently, the White House changed the rule for foreign nurse who plan to take the NCLEX-RN exam, the new rules is that the foreign nurse must have the Social Security Number (SSN) to take the NCLEX-RN exam, this policy keeps 99% foreign nurse away from coming to the US. As the result, the "traditional" process for a foreign nurse going to the US is basically heading to a dead end because foreign nurses must have a job offer letter and work authorization in the US to apply for the SSN, and must have SSN to take the NCLEX-RN exam, no one in the US will give foreign nurse a hospital job when  the said foreign nurses are still at home country without passing the NCLEX-RN exam.

However, there is an alternative road for foreign nurses going to the USA. If you go to the USA as an international student seeking for a master's degree in Healthcare Management at an university that has the internship program (also called Curricular Practical Training - CPT ) you can get work authorization from the university (CPT / OPT), visit Work-Study USA for detail, and you can obtain your SSN once you have a job offer letter and job authorization from the university.

As a foreign nurse with our program, you don't need to study and take the NCLEX-RN exam until after arriving in the US and receiving your SSN. Once passing the RN-exam and becoming a registered nurse you can earn a decent salary from a job in the hospital. In addition, as a foreign nurse with a master's degree in healthcare management from a fully accredited US university you are at this time qualified for a job under H1B visa, which lasts for 6 years whereby you can work in the US hospital while filing for the "green card".

The best of all with our program is that you, as a foreign nurse,  can go to USA in 3 months and become a RN in 12 months. This option gives you all the flexibilities and advantages. Plus you will earn way more money than staying at home country.

The internship option is under the administration of university which is authorized by the U.S. Homeland Security Department for F-1 international students (Title 8, Code of Federal Regulations, Part 214.2 (f)(10). Students are allowed to work off-campus full-time since the beginning of the first academic year, the earning can be used to pay the tuition and living cost.


Copyright Š 2014 USA Career Training, Foreign Nurse USA Program,,www.foreignnurseusa.com